The Cornelis Vrijschool is a small elementary school in the heart of Amsterdam Oud-Zuid (Old South) with 255 pupils.
Our curriculum is predominantly in Dutch, and the majority of pupils are native Dutch speakers, although many students speak a second or third language. We have experience with the integration of non-Dutch speaking pupils into the school program and also have access to additional resources if necessary to help children adapt. When enlisting your child, please note that our general admission rules apply:
• For children with an older brother or sister in the school application is still obligatory but placement is guaranteed;
• All remaining places are given out on the basis of shortest distance of the home address of the child to the Cornelis Vrijschool.
In general, children start primary school at the age of four. From the age of 5, school attendance is compulsory. The general rules and regulations for enrolling children at primary schools in Amsterdam do not apply to the Cornelis Vrijschool, as we have our own enlistment system. If you are interested in enlisting your child to the Cornelis Vrijschool, please read the application information and download the application form on our website.
You are welcome to join the English information sessions that are organised every other month at the school. For the 2018-2019 school year the dates are:
• Monday, September 10, 2018, 9-11 AM
• Monday, November 5, 2018, 9-11 AM
• Monday, February 11, 2019, 9-11 AM
• Monday, April 15, 2019, 9-11 AM
Please contact the school’s administration desk at firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest details on the exact program and to enlist for the introduction.