The Cornelis Vrijschool is a small elementary school in the heart of Amsterdam Oud-Zuid (Old South) with around 255 pupils.
PLEASE NOTE – Due to renovation of the schoolbuilding the school is temporarily relocated. New location from February 26th 2020 until April 2021 is the Pieter de Hoochstraat 78-80 in Oud-Zuid.
Our curriculum is predominantly in Dutch, and the majority of pupils are native Dutch speakers, although many students speak a second or third language. We have experience with the integration of non-Dutch speaking pupils into the school program and also have access to additional resources if necessary to help children adapt. When enlisting your child, please note that our general admission rules apply:
• For children with an older brother or sister in the school application is still obligatory but placement is guaranteed;
• All remaining places are given out on the basis of shortest distance of the home address of the child to the Cornelis Vrijschool.
In general, children start primary school at the age of four. From the age of 5, school attendance is compulsory. The general rules and regulations for enrolling children at primary schools in Amsterdam do not apply to the Cornelis Vrijschool, as we have our own enlistment system. If you are interested in enlisting your child to the Cornelis Vrijschool, please read the application information and download the application form on our website.
You are welcome to join the English information sessions that are organised every other month at the school. For the 2019-2020 school year the dates are as follows:
- Thursday September 5th, 2019 9-11 AM (Van de Veldestraat 3)
- Monday November 4th, 2019 9-11 AM (Van de Veldestraat 3)
- Thursday February 6th, 2020 9-11 AM (Van de Veldestraat 3)
- Monday April 4th, 2020 9-11 AM (temp. location Pieter de Hoochstraat 78-80)
- Thursday June 4th, 2020 9-11 AM (temp. location Pieter de Hoochstraat 78-80)
Please contact the school’s administration desk at email@example.com to get the latest details on the exact program and to enlist for the introduction.